Advertising Solutions for Roofing Contractors
Written by Jamie Brown
Depending on where your roofing contractor business is located, it's likely you're one of just a few in your town. Yet, still, the competition is fierce. Not only do you have to compete with contractors from your immediate town, you may also have to deal with competition from roofing businesses in other locations within your geographical area.
As you know, the roofing contractor business is a very locally oriented business, which is why local advertising options like the ones offered by AT&T AdSolutions are so important to growing and sustaining your company.
Bottom line, if the majority of folks who live in your own town don't even call you for roofing quotes, you've got a problem. Your guys should be the familiar faces working hard atop the homes in your town. If not, that means that someone is probably moving in on your turf. How is that? Most likely because you don't have a strong local advertising presence in your area.
Luckily, there's a simple solution to this problem.
Start by putting yourself into your prospective customer's shoes. If you weren't a roofing business owner and needed roof repair work what's the first thing you'd do to find a contractor? Most likely:
- Check through the local Yellow Pages (either online or offline)
- Do a search for "roofing contractor" on Google or another search engine
- Sort through your direct mail pieces to find any deals offered by roofing contractors
AT&T AdSolutions offers roofing contractors a five-point plan of action for gaining more market share and staving off competitors from both in and out of town:
1. The first step to stop losing market share to local and regional competitors is to place an attractive local advertisement in your Yellow Pages, our famous print advertising solution. Yes, people still flip through those classic thin yellow sheets to find help for home-related needs. The printed Yellow Pages is referenced by an estimated 3 billion people each year (see Source 1)
2. Next, you need to take more of an offensive stance and start going after the markets of other competitors. That is where our Internet advertising solutions come into play. We'll list your business on the YP.com and the YP Local Ad Network, which gets about 167 million searches every month. (see Source 2) Whenever someone does a search for "roofing contractors" in your town or city your Internet listing (including a picture of your roofers working and short description of your business) shows prominently. According to a Morpace Market Research and Consulting study YP.com is the most-preferred local online directory in the United States. (see Source 3)
3. Our YPConnect team can also help you set up a search marketing campaign where your ad displays prominently alongside or at the top of customer searches on Google, Yahoo, Ask and 1-800-YELLOWPAGES. Again, these searches are highly targeted so that anyone searching for "roofing contractors" from your part of the country will see your ad smiling back at them.
4. Pay-Per-Call advertising is a special program that allows you to pay only when you receive a call from a qualified lead who is interested in roofing services. The leads come from ads placed on The Real Yellow Pages®, YP.com, and the YP Local Ad Network just to name a few.
5. Finally, a solid direct mail campaign grabs the attention of your prospective roofing customers. An AT&T AdSolutions representative can help you put together an irresistible offer and attention-grabbing ad to send directly to targeted homeowners in your local area.
Partner with AT&T AdSolutions to start one or all of these programs today to take back your turf. With these local advertising programs running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week just about every local customer who needs a roofer will know about your small company down the street, around the corner or even in the next town over.
Start by registering for an account with AT&T Advertising Solutions. An AdSolutions representative can help you put together an advertising package that will maximize your advertising dollars and have your guys working on more rooftops around town in no time.
Content provided by Associated Content from Yahoo!